Everyone goes into the holiday season with the highest of hopes that it will bring us joy and good vibes as we celebrate with family and friends. But, December usually presents a series of obstacles that make us feel like we’re running through a treacherous gauntlet to get to the holiday cheer. And the main source of those roadblocks to reverie is travel. To help you navigate the trials and tribulations of transportation, we’ve assembled the essential list of items to pack. Those of you traveling by private plane or chauffeured limousine may skip down to the part where we subtly try to sell you an enema.
Holiday Packing List
- Carry-On Bag - Avoid baggage claim, fees, delays, dreaded lost luggage scenarios.
- Extra Layers - It can get chilly. Jacket, sweater, hoodie, whichever you prefer.
- Adjustable Belt - You’ll want the option to loosen a notch or two after huge meals.
- Painkillers - Ibuprofen/Tylenol/Aspirin/Valium, whichever you prefer.
- Heartburn Relief - Plan ahead for the inevitable acid reflux and indigestion.
- Sleeping Pills - To deal with time zone changes & less-than-ideal sleeping arrangements.
- Political Shield - Politics is gonna come up, and no one’s changing anyone’s mind.
- Portable Enema Solution - Fits on a water bottle, easy to pack, combats bloating and food induced constipation.
- Patience - Your secret weapon. And it doesn’t take up any room in the carry-on.
- Holiday Spirit - It’s supposed to be fun. Supposed to be the good times. Make it so.